I did it. I survived making this jacket. It wasn’t all bad- there were parts of the construction that were mildly satisfying- but overall, making this jacket was certainly an exercise in patience.
One change I made to the fit of the pattern was to shorten the sleeves by two inches. Besides that, the only change I made was to accidentally insert the zipper all the way to the bottom of the front piece. Leaving no room for the waistband overlap. Oops. Luckily, I was able to tweak the waistband and now it isn’t noticeable. The zippers on the sleeves and pockets were tricky, but I’m pretty pleased with how they turned out, and I learned a new technique.
I’m obsessed with this lining! It’s heavier than if I’d gotten a true lining fabric, but I think that in this case it works well, and I don’t think having a light lining fabric would work well with the main jacket fabric, which is faux suede. I absolutely love the flowers.
Those back pleats confused me. Sewing them was a little tricky, but I think they came out well. Overall, the finished jacket was definitely worth all the angst and struggle that went into it! I can’t wait to wear this all the time once the weather gets just a little warmer!