BurdaStyle Larissa Jacket

I did it. I survived making this jacket. It wasn’t all bad- there were parts of the construction that were mildly satisfying- but overall, making this jacket was certainly an exercise in patience.

One change I made to the fit of the pattern was to shorten the sleeves by two inches. Besides that, the only change I made was to accidentally insert the zipper all the way to the bottom of the front piece. Leaving no room for the waistband overlap. Oops. Luckily, I was able to tweak the waistband and now it isn’t noticeable. The zippers on the sleeves and pockets were tricky, but I’m pretty pleased with how they turned out, and I learned a new technique.

I’m obsessed with this lining! It’s heavier than if I’d gotten a true lining fabric, but I think that in this case it works well, and I don’t think having a light lining fabric would work well with the main jacket fabric, which is faux suede. I absolutely love the flowers.

Those back pleats confused me. Sewing them was a little tricky, but I think they came out well. Overall, the finished jacket was definitely worth all the angst and struggle that went into it! I can’t wait to wear this all the time once the weather gets just a little warmer!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “BurdaStyle Larissa Jacket

Leave a Reply to Ard Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s